Over the years God has given me the opportunity to write. Many of the items listed under this site’s Publications consist of journal articles published by The Master’s Seminary Journal. The following list, however, consists of books I have written or to which I have contributed. If the Lord allows me to do so, I hope to continue adding to this list.
See also, What Books Do You Recommend Most Highly? and What Books Do You Recommend Most Highly?–Part 2 and Books I’ve Endorsed.
- The Grace and Truth Study Bible (NIV). Edited by Al Mohler (Zondervan, 2021). I wrote the notes for the Book of Leviticus.
Understanding Bible Translation: Bringing God’s Word into New Contexts. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2019.
- Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Creationism 2018: Technical Symposium Sessions, ed. by John H. Whitmore. Cedarville, OH: Creation Science Fellowship, Inc., 2018. My chapter: “Exegetical analysis of Psalm 104:8 and its possible implications for interpreting the geological record,” 95–102.
- Right Thinking in a Church Gone Astray: Finding Our Way Back to Biblical Truth, ed. by Nathan Busenitz. Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 2017. My contribution: “The Crescent and the Cross.” 39-51.
- Biblical Doctrine: A Systematic Summary of Bible Truth, ed. by John MacArthur and Richard Mayhue. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Publishers, 2017. My contribution: “The Doctrine of God the Son (Christology).” 234-331 (Note: My draft reflects Dr. MacArthur’s view on eternal Sonship and my view is presented as an alternative view. This is one of the few times one of the drafters might not agree with the published view. Remember, this is Dr. MacArthur’s volume and it reflects his theology. Every draft participant named on p. 27 highly recommends this volume and espouses its contents with rare exceptions.)
- The Shepherd as Theologian, ed. by John MacArthur. The Shepherd’s Library. Eugene, OR: Harvest House, 2017. My contribution: “Adam, Where Art Thou? Discovering the Historical Adam in the Pages of Scripture.” 43-60.
- Searching for Adam: Genesis & the Truth About Man’s Origin, ed. by Terry Mortenson. Green Forest, AR: Master Books, 2016. My chapter: “Old Testament Evidence for a Literal, Historical Adam and Eve.” 17-51.
- The Inerrant Word: Biblical, Historical, Theological, and Pastoral Perspectives, ed. by John MacArthur. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Publishers, 2016. My chapter: “Can Error and Revelation Coexist? Inerrancy and Alleged Contradictions.”
- Four Views on the Historical Adam, ed. by Matthew Barrett and Ardel B. Caneday. Contributors: Denis O. Lamoureaux, John H. Walton, C. John Collins, William D. Barrick, Gregory A. Boyd, and Philip G. Ryken. Counterpoints: Bible & Theology. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2013.
- Ecclesiastes: The Philippians of the Old Testament. Focus on the Bible. Fearn, UK: Christian Focus, 2011.
- Comments on Waltke and O’Connor, Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax. Digital/Electronic edition. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2011.
- Interpreting the Psalms for Teaching & Preaching, ed. by Herbert W. Bateman IV and D. Brent Sandy. St. Louis, MO: Chalice Press, 2010. My chapter: “Psalm 130: A Plea for Grace.” 173-81.
- J. D. Watson. A Hebrew Word for the Day: Key Words from the Old Testament. Chattanooga, TN: AMG Reference, 2010. My contribution: “Foreword.” xiii-xv. In addition, I acted as consultant and first editor for Doc on this volume.
- Coming to Grips with Genesis: Biblical Authority and the Age of the Earth, ed. by Terry Mortenson and Thane H. Ury. Green Forest, AR: Master Books, 2008. My chapter: “Noah’s Flood and Its Geological Implications.” 251-81.
- Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Creationism 2003: Technical Symposium Sessions, ed. by Robert L. Ivey, Jr. Pittsburgh, PA: Creation Science Fellowship, Inc., 2003. My chapter: co-authored with Roger Sigler, “Hebrew and Geologic Analysis of the Chronology and Parallelism of the Flood: Implications for Interpretation of the Geologic Record.” 397-408.
- The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2001. My translation: Job.
- The MacArthur Study Bible. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 1997. My notes: Epistle to the Hebrews.
- NET Bible (New English Translation). Biblical Studies Press, 1996-2003. My contributions: notes for Job; translation for Leviticus and Job.